Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Is this ringworm ?

   This summer has been very hectic. I went away on vacation to the Big Apple and visited tons of family. We (family) went to the pool almost every other day, t'was SUPER FUN! This may be too much information, but being it is part of my story I will share and say that I'm menstruating. I ran straight to the bathroom from the pool and forgetting everything besides my daughter (smart daughter; whom remembered her flip-flops). Even with a warning from a lady about wearing flipflops and getting some type of foot fungus, I still forgot. I got some type of fungus that was in my big toe. I had never had any type of foot fungus, or bodily fungi before so I didn't know that my toe itching was a symptom of that being so.
 
    I cut the trip short for unrelated reasons, but I didn't treat it. I didn't think I had to treat it since the itching went away. Then when I got back, the bottom of my foot became itchy. I created a foot lotion using cocoa and shea butter with hintsnof lavender and tea tree oils. That itching went away as well. A couple weeks later a small circle of tiny bumps appeared on my face. These were practically invisble. I only happened to see it because I was doing my eyebrows using my zoomed in mirror.  I then began checking my whole body for these spots. I found nothing. A  week later I started volunteering at a church in the food pantry section. So, considering my ridiculous amount of allergens I thought it would be a reaction from dust mites. I went home extremely itchy, thinking I had a tag on my shirt (that I got as a hand me down and didn't wash), but ended up being a tagless shirt. I went to go hop in the shower, but saw a large spot on my back. Extremely itchy, I made a solution of tea tree oil, lavender oil, argan oil, bergemont oil, jojoba oil, and vegan soap. The soap smelled amazing, and it's been a week of using it and seems to be working.

   It seemed to be going away on my back, but only the itching was... I treated my whole body from head to toe and the oils began to burn my skin. The rings (more oval like) began to form, but dried out right away on the back of my neck, under my chin and on my hair line in the back of my head.

  I started freaking out. I was okay with the rash being visible to my eyes only and on my back, but not on my face. So I went straight to Google and began self diagnosing myself. Everything that I could (probably) possibly do, from lemons and salt, tea tree oi, apple cider vinegar, lavender oil, athlete's foot spray, alcohol pads, baking soda, cornstarch, baby powder, mostly every type of disinfectant, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-itch. Basically any and everything to keep the irritated area from being moist, including avoiding being in the sun. It was very hard being that it's summer to stay inside with my daughter, but I have been able to calm down the itching and the visibility of the "fungi" within a week.

Tomorrow it will be a week, that this irritating rash began. Here are the items that I have used to calm it. (I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT THIS IS A SELF-DIAGNOSES, but I will be updating with the doctors information SOON!)

#1 Foot Powder Spray: You can retreive this at any dollar tree.

#2 Tea Tree Oil: I got this off of amazon. Here is the link:
https://www.amazon.com/Australian-Dropper-First-Botany-Cosmeceuticals/dp/B00ZF80T0I/ref=sr_1_5_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1473898870&sr=1-5&keywords=Tea+tree+oil

#3 Lavender Oil: I also got this on amazon.
Here is the link:
https://www.amazon.com/Majestic-Pure-Lavender-Essential-Therapeutic/dp/B00TSTZQEY/ref=sr_1_4_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1473898934&sr=1-4&keywords=Lavender+oil

#4 Alcohol Pads: I made my own. I went to the Dollar Tree and got a bottle of rubbing alcohol, face pads, and a glass jar.

#5 Apple Cider Vinegar: You can get this at most grocery store. I got mine at Food Depot in the salad dressing isle. $4

#6 Lemon and Salt: Self explanatory, I used iodized salt and sliced lemons.

#7 Calomine Lotion: I retreived this at Family Dollar. $3

#8 Clotromizole: I also got this anti-fungal cream from Family Dollar. $4

#9 Epsom Salt Pain Relieving Lotion: I am not too sure how much this costs because I was given this lotion as a 'Get Well' gift.

#10 Baking Soda, Corn Starch, Baby Powder: At your local grocery store. You can get baby powder from the Dollar Tree as well as the other items. 

#11 Clear Nail Polish: I got a clear nail polish from my local Walgreens.

So far I have been waiting since 5pm at Grady Hospital and it is 8:30pm... Haven't even been seen by a doctor, but hey... You get what you don't pay for.

I WILL BE UPDATING THIS POST WITHIN 24 HOURS TO TELL YOU IF I SHOULD BECOME A DOCTOR OR NOT and answer if Google-ing your symptoms is right or wrong and or if I am a hypochondriac.

Be Back Soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment